The STEM Scale-up grant deadline is March 3, 2017, and we want to make sure you have all the support you need in completing your application. This year the PLTW focus is on programs for the Elementary Schools across Iowa. PLTW Launch offers 24 modules of APB (Activity, Project, and Problem Based) learning designed to be fun for the students and the teachers. This award may be used for new Launch programs, or expansion of an existing Launch program. Watch a three minute video to learn more about Launch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5tSYz3Aae8&t=25s and visit the website to learn more about the grant at http://www.iowastem.gov/Scale-Up
What is included?
- First year participation fees ($750 value)
- A multi-day lead teacher training ($750 value) at a regionally hosted training event – location and exact July/August dates TBD.
- A a $3,000 check to cover the cost of materials (ordered from PLTW or purchased locally and reported to PLTW by the end of the calendar year) and any additional teacher training expenses.
What is required of the school?
- One lead teacher must be trained for each school, to provide training and support for all teachers in the school who will be delivering PLTW Launch modules.
- Receipts for expenses must be submitted by Dec 31, 2017.
How does the process flow?
- Select the implementation approach (one or more modules, one or more grades, one or more classes)
- Review anticipated investment and confirm that you meet technology requirements.
- Apply for the STEM Scale-Up Award at the link below:
Once you have been selected to receive the award
- Register the school with PLTW
- Identify the PLTW Launch Lead Teacher who will participate in training in the July/August time frame.
Want to learn more?
February 15, 2017 3:30 PM
February 22, 2017 3:30 PM