FLL Explore Events for 2021-2022 Season
Registration for teams is now open with FIRST® at www.firstinspires.org. Iowa FLL Explore Virtual Review Registration is also open on our FLL Explore Expo Registration Page. This season, there will be virtual review sessions and in-person festivals offered. Please watch for more information in your Iowa FLL Explore Team Blast.
Zoom Information and Best Practices
Teams may determine, based on safety of participants, if they can meet together or log in individually for the Review time. Please follow recommended safety guidelines, practice social distancing and mask wearing is encouraged to keep participants safe, if meeting in person. You will receive a confirmation of the date/time of your Review with a Zoom link from Iowa FLL.
Team Members In Same Location During Presentation
- If the team will be all together with you, it would be helpful, if possible, if you could have one device, such as a phone or tablet logged in to the Zoom session that could be showing the model and show me poster while on mute, and another device that could be showing the students and being utilized for the Reviewers to hear them speak.
Team Members In Separate Locations During Presentation
- Any team member logging in from an individual location should have a supervising adult present to ensure online safety.
- If the team will be on their own individual devices, please remind them to mute when they are not speaking to avoid background noise.
Coaches should not plan to speak or ‘coach’ the team on their responses during the Review session. Coaches are present to facilitate the technology, ensure safety, and be in support of the team during the session.
Presentation Best Practices
- Teams will be asked about their model, Show Me poster, core values and learning throughout the season.
- No formal presentation is required. Reviewers will spend time asking questions and hearing from the team.
- The whole Review session will be no longer than 10-15 minutes.
Following the Review session, our Iowa FLL Explore Reviewers will meet privately to discuss the team’s performance and will determine an area of excellence for the team and assign an award category for each team. This award will be communicated to the coach(es) within three business days via email. Teams will receive virtual recognition through certificates that can be shared digitally with the team.
We look forward to hearing from you and engaging with your team(s). Please let us know any questions or concerns at email@example.com.
FLL Explore In-Person Events This Season
Registration for virtual reviewing sessions taking place during Feburary and April 2022 are open now! If your community would like to hold an in-person event this season, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.