Iowa FLL Challenge Event Registration
Save the date! Registration for the 2020-2021 Iowa FLL Qualifier Events opens November 12th at Noon!
Please note: event registration is NOT first-come, first-serve this year. We ask teams to register in a timely matter to ensure that Iowa FLL can accommodate one of the team’s top choices.
Qualifier Event Days:
- December 12
- January 16
- January 30
- February 6
- February 20
- March 6
Teams will be asked to select their top three qualifier date preferences. Please consider the dates above before filling out the form.
STEP 1: Register Using This Link!
Step 1 officially opens on November 12th at 12pm. To officially register you will be asked to provide:
Team Specific Information
- FLL Team Number
- FLL Team Name (Will be used at ALL EVENTS throughout the season)
- FLL Team City
- Team Shipping Information
- FLL Challenge Qualifier Registration Preferences
- Important Team Information
- Agree to an $60 Registration Fee (Due to ISU by April 1, 2021)
- Agree to Safety Precautions
- Names of Coaches and Team Members
Provide information for both coaches:
- First and Last Name
- Cell Phone Number
STEP 2: Consent Forms
Due ONE WEEK Before Qualifier Event
Teams must submit consent forms through FIRST online portal for all youth, coaches and mentors, preferred method if possible. To do so, coaches will log into their FIRST account at www.firstinspires.org and invite coaches and parents to fill out their consent forms. For more information on how to do this, please visit the FIRST Registration Guide.
Once, your team has completed all consent forms in the system, please email the Official FIRST Team Roster to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get a jump on getting your team consent forms done now, if you have not done so already. No team members or coaches will be allowed to participate at an official Iowa FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge Qualifier event without a completed Consent and Release form. Parents of youth participants, coaches and mentors need to fill out the new Consent and Release Form.
Teams unable to Submit Consent Forms through the FIRST® online portal
If you are unable to submit Consent Forms through the FIRST® online portal please note this in your team event registration form. Then reach out email@example.com to request a pdf copy of the paper consent form.
- Team will be sent an email with attached consent form pdf to return to ISU via hard copy in US Mail. NOTE: No email, fax or scanned copies are allowed to be accepted. Paper copies must be returned in paper form only per FIRST data policy.
- Return hard copies of consent form to: ISU Engineering Community Outreach, 1373 Howe Hall, 537 Bissell Road, Ames, IA 50011
- If part of the team submits online and some need to submit via paper form, teams must submit both the team roster and the paper consent forms.
- If the team is not able to print a consent form copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a paper consent form in the mail including a return envelope.